Sunday, August 12, 2007

Transportation

Over the last year I have traveled many places.
Here are some pics to give you an idea of what travel is really like here, plus all the different modes of transportation that are available to you in Asia!

PLANE:



This is the in flight entertainment and my hero during most traveling experiences!

This is airport food, well I could grab some Asian snacks at a store or eat airline food but rice and noodles that taste like the foil they are packaged in get old.
I go local and eat my own packed lunch while I wait for my next flight.

This is who sits next to you on your flights!

And sleeping is a very popular flight activity.
Lets see what's out the window...
These are the mountains near where I live, nice huh.
I have spent around 18 days flying since coming over the ocean.
The shortest flight I have had has been over 3hrs the longest 14hrs.
The average of most flights I am on is between 4-6hrs.
FUN!

SLEEPER BUS:
Welcome to my seat (or shelf is more like it) on a sleeper bus.


Cozy slats huh? That's the TV where they play loud Kungfu movies during the ride!

There are three rows(two aisles) on the bus which is the same width as any charter bus!
I call top bunk!

I spent 6hrs on this bus ride.

TRAIN:
I took the top bunk.My traveling buddy took the middle bunk.This is what the hard sleepers look like.
3 bunks on a wall, 6 in an area, and open to public traffic

A fellow traveler passing the time looking out the window.

Out the window... I spent 6hrs one way and 6hrs back on this train! The 6hrs back was in a soft sleeper which means only 4 bunks (2 on each side) and a door you can close to the hallway traffic.

DOUBLE DECKER BUS:
You gotta ride up top.
TAXI:
It was good enough for these guys.SUBWAY:
Here are pictures of two out of the three subways I have been on.That's my Dad, he has mastered the subway!TRAM:
This pulls you up a mountain using steel cable and some tracks. It was quite the ascent so if you are afraid of heights it can be a little scary. This is my mom and I on the tram.TURBO JET:
This is a step up from just your normal ferry because it actually hovers over the water to help cut down on motion from all the waves. That's right it's a hover craft!FERRY:
This is your typical ferry used to get across the harbor.A casual relaxing ride.TUKTUK:
This is a tuktuk from the point of view of the rider.This is the way to travel in hot climates. Room for two!DUNE BUGGY:
This has to be the most fun of all modes of transportation. The others usually frown on it when you throw your hands in the air and scream your head off!GONDOLA:
This definitely puts your faith to the test. What are the safety standards for this country any way? Never fear- we made it safely to the top!
ESCALATOR:
That's right. I spend a lot of time on these babies. No complaints- I have climbed plenty of stairs and I choose these any day!CITY BUS:
Almost everyday I am riding around on one of these.DONKEY CART:
Okay, so I haven't been on one of these yet but they are around town and I know people who have so it is possible.ELEPHANT:
Elephants are the way to go. I love them!
CAMEL:
Camels are awesome too!

SKIING:

I know, you are thinking that is not transportation, but it is one way to get down a hill!SKATES:

Okay so this is not me, but I almost put them on myself until I realized that if my friend here was going to learn to skate I would be more useful on my own feet.ON FOOT:

Yup, lastly my own two feet. Can't replace those and the places you can go.