Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Roommate

Many of you know that I am not a big fan of living alone. I don't necessarily need a person to live with me, anything that breathes is good! To help with this my friends here got me turtles for my birthday. Now I only have one turtle because the other one died but this one is entertaining enough all on his own. I would like you to meet Joe.




Joe is a baby red ear slider turtle. In the US turtles this small are illegal but in Asia they are a dime a dozen out of a little bowl on the street. Yep- he was bought from some woman on the street and cost around $1! This should give you an idea of how small Joe is. Here he is next to a regular size Tootsie Roll!



Joe lives in a bowl that sits on my night stand or end table.


He likes to bask on the rocks that are above his cave.


He also does some turtle yoga in the evenings!


This is him in his house before we made him a cave in his bowl.



Sometimes if Joe has been good we let him run around on the floor! He is tiny so watch out!