Saturday, August 11, 2007

Heavenly Lake

So while my sister was visiting I took her to see one of the local attractions. We went to Heavenly Lake. Nestled in the green mountains we took a bus to the visitors center.

Once there we got tickets to take the gondola up the mountain side!
Once at the top this is the view of the lake.

There is a story about Heavenly Lake that says that a goddess lived in the lake and this tree which is covered with red ribbons is the goddess's hair pin. The people here tie the red ribbons on the tree as a wish for good luck.
Did a little rock surfing while there!


Beautiful! Wish you were here!


Mermaid pose while holding my umbrella(aka asian sunscreen).


Believe it or not there is a glacier back there, yup snow on the mountains year round.
Just the way I like it.


My sister and I doing the Asian squat. To do it exactly like the locals you need to make sure your feet are flat on the ground like mine are. People here can sit like that for hours.



Up on the mountain top there is a stage where you can see local minority dances.
Further down the mountain you can pay a buck or two and try the minority clothing on yourself and pose for a picture!
What do you think? Is it me?We caused quite a stir and I am sure plenty of Asian's went home with pictures of us on their camera. Gotta love the attention!
Here are some other girls who dressed up for fun.


Okay so not exactly as graceful looking as they are.


On our way out we stopped to take one more picture with a local...
don't forget your 'v' for victory, no photo is complete without it!