Monday, September 17, 2007

HONG KONG!!!


Welcome to Hong Kong! My favorite city in the world to visit!Tall buildings...busy, crowded streets...I love it!
This is me at the top of Victoria's Peak, the highest point in HK.When my parents came over one of the first things we did was ride the tram up to the top to get a look around at all the buildings and harbors.HK has 2 main parts: the island which is where the peak is and the peninsula which is what you are looking out at from the peak. This is the harbor between the peninsula and the island. Look at all the ships going back and forth.Here is mom and dad looking out towards the island across the harbor next to the water.The sunsets and skyline are beautiful.Also while my parent's and I were in HK we took a double decker bus around to the back side of the island to visit a famous market and get a better view of the ocean.It was a beautiful winding drive and made me appreciate tropical places although I am still not sure I ever one to live in one!Along the edge of the beach there are some buildings...... and if you look around you will soon discover Stanley's Market!Stanley's is very famous and FULL of rows upon rows and booths upon booths, of every kind of souvenir and other things you can buy. Welcome to the most populated square mile on earth and one of my favorite places to play in HK!Every night they close down the street traffic and people over flow out into the street. It is pretty much an all night party!It doesn't matter that it is night because all the signs keep it well lit! There are movie theaters, restaurants, malls, cafes, street vendors, night markets, you name it, it's here. It's so different how all the buildings and signs look with everything stacked on top of each other it's a wonder you can get any where!


Mom and I especially had a lot of fun shopping at the Ladies Night Market which is one of the larger night markets in HK. It goes for several blocks and you can always find something fun to buy whether you are looking for clothes, jewelry, toys, souvenirs, shoes, bags, watches, accessories it's all there!


If you ever get a chance to visit HK I highly recommend it!