Thursday, July 17, 2008

Great Wall on a Clear Day

So I know I have posted a lot of pictures of the Wall... But I finally had a day that actually warranted photos and made me realize how magnificent the Great Wall really can be.
This time I even climbed it! No wussy gondola ride.
You could actually see multiple mountain ranges.
It was so nice to be able to see past the closest tower.

It is hard to tell in the pictures but you could see the towers along the far off ridges and trace the yellowish line of the wall among the trees.
This gives a better idea of the wall snaking along.
Making my way down a slope inside a tower along the wall.
Not only was it clear and relatively cool but there was no one else there!
The length of the wall is what makes it impressive.


Being able to see how vastly is stretches along through the trees.
There really are mountains here- just no snow.

This is who I was with and who took these photos. I didn't believe there was going to really be sun so I didn't bring my camera!
The best part was getting our picture made at the bottom with these warriors in costume.

Some of us didn't fare so well in battle.
I think he is a little to happy about stabbing the foreigner.
I was fierce!
Let's not forget that this day of fun all took place and the Greay Wall!