Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Parties

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
This year I had three Christmas parties with my local friends!One of the many fun things to do was take pictures in front of the Christmas tree and other decorations. Some of which they had never seen before and all of which they had questions about. Another party activity of course is eating! Sometimes we would cook American food for them.Apricot covered chicken wings are always a hit!Some got to try out new foods they had never seen or tasted! Other times we order in Chinese food! The jello I made myself and was another big hit. Parties are also good for catching up with friends. Here is me talking to one of my good friends and Asian sisters!Singing carols along with the guitar is always a good time. Kelly played wonderfully for us each time. We would sing twice in English- once so they could get the tune and then again all together for the words. Then we would sing them once in Chinese. After that I would tell a story and then we would read the Christmas story... ... and light the advent candles.


Lastly would would play a little game where each person gets to take a small gift home. Hopefully some took home more than the small gifts and will soon open up a new life.